About Me

My photo
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
I have just completed the Computer Visualisation and Animation course at Bournemouth University. Follow this blog for my latest work and random findings :)

Wednesday 27 October 2010

First couple of toon shading tests

Hi all,

I have been playing around with toon shading to see what I can achieve to get my 2D/3D aesthetic. I came up with the idea of using toon shading but also adding ambient occlusion in comp to get a somewhere half way between look. I think it worked pretty well. Im quite happy with how it looks.

Test on cubes (screenshot from Nuke) -



Test on Dee rig. Ignore the terribly bad posing. Couldn't be bothered to faff around with it. This is in no way a reflection on the animation that is to come! :P -






controller="true" loop="true" bgcolor="#000000" pluginspage='http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/'>



Im planning on having the outlines a darker colour of what they're outlining like in the first example. Not black as in the second example.
Hope you like them. I think they work nicely. Onto developing the overall style/colours and environment now whilst keeping character designs in mind. Fun fun fun....

Check back soon for more stuff!

Sim

No comments:

Post a Comment